Steve wrote better than he sang, same as a lot of other singersongwriters who had more success with their own works. Buffett, David Allen Coe and others did well interpreting his writing. But he did leave some really tasty albums; to me, "High & Outside" was the best. He gets vocal help on "The One That Got Away" from Nicolette Larson.
Usual: all rights remain with Steve's estate, publishers, record company; whatever -- not posting this to make myself any money, just to spotlight some of a great musical legacy.
- Steve Goodman "Banana Republics" AND "The 20th Century Is Almost Over" music
- John, Arlo, Kris And Others Discuss Steve Goodman music
- Steve Goodman Old Fashion music
- Steve Goodman - Spoon River music
- Steve Goodman - You better get it while you can (the ballad of Carl Martin) music
- Steve Goodman - Don't Do Me Any Favors Anymore music
- Steve Goodman - That was a pleasant accident music
- steve goodman, The 20th Century Is Almost Over music
- "The I Don't Know Where I'm Going But I'm Goin' Nowhere in a Hurry Blues" by Steve Goodman music