At last year´s WEEK-END festival Nov-27-29, 2014, Cologne, Ger the organizers asked 10 of their 16 artists to be involved in celebrating Brian Eno´s landmark 1974 album "Taking Tiger Mountain by Strategy for its 40th anniversary.
For the festival´s closing Parquet Courts` frontmen Andrew Savage and Austin Brown arrived with their recent touring outfit PCPC w members of PC Worship to exclusively perform only 2 songs. They did a version of "The Fat Lady of Limbourg" right before they teamed up for a choir with Owen Pallett, Nicholas Krgovich and Tom Ashforth for the album´s closing song, the title track "Taking Tiger Mountain".
The videos were shot by Janosch Pugnaghi, Viktor Rosengrün. Sound Recording by Hannes Plattmeier.
SUBSCRIBE to Pitchfork.tv: > ------
Follow Pitchfork.tv on Twitter: > ------
For more videos from Pitchfork TV: > Like Pitchfork on Facebook: > Check out Pitchfork on Tumblr:
- Parquet Courts - What's In My Bag? music
- Eno • Hyde - Daddy's Car - Later... with Jools Holland - BBC Two music
- Parquet Courts: "Master Of My Craft" / "Borrowed Time", Live On Soundcheck music
- Built To Spill - Third Uncle (Brian Eno) (Live in Sydney) | Moshcam music
- Daniele Luppi & Parquet Courts - “Soul and Cigarette” (Official Music Video) music
- Nightmare and the Cat - "Baby's on Fire" (Brian Eno cover, filmed by Kristin Burns) music
- Here Come The Warm Jets: Live (Brian Eno) music
- Ben Caplan - Down To The River - CARDINAL SESSIONS music
- Wendy & Lisa - What's In My Bag? music
- Greys - Needle in the Camel's Eye (Brian Eno Cover) - Audiotree Live music