One of the enduring popular standards from the score of Cole Porter's musical hit "Anything Goes," which starred Ethel Merman and ran for 420 performances on Broadway. The Leo Reisman version vocal by Sally Singer is also posted to this channel.
Disc courtesy of The Rick Colom Collection. Transfer and digital restoration by Bob Moke from the original 78rpm: Victor 24769 - I Get A Kick Out Of You Porter by Paul Whiteman and his Orchestra, vocal by Ramona. Recorded October 26, 1934.
TIP: Click this link to browse through all 72 videos of the 1935 HITS ARCHIVE collection, alphabetically arranged in the convenient YouTube Playlist format: >
THE 1935 HITS ARCHIVE - a collection of commercial recordings and songs that proved popular during the calendar year 1935 some were recorded in 1934 via sales, jukebox play, or radio exposure…plus some others that have gained increased recognition or have been shown to have had an impact during the decades that followed.
MusicProf78 on Facebook:
- 1935 HITS ARCHIVE: Anything Goes - Paul Whiteman (Ramona Davies, vocal) music
- Patti Page, Jo Stafford--Accentuate the Positive, Big Record, 1958 TV Show music
- 1935 Richard Himber - Zing Went The Strings Of My Heart (Joey Nash, vocal) music
- Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin - I Get a Kick Out of You. music
- 1st RECORDING OF: Deep Purple - Paul Whiteman (1934 instrumental) music
- 1932 Ben Selvin - You're Getting To Be A Habit With Me (Muriel Sherman-Elmer Feldkamp) music
- It's Only a Paper Moon - Paul Whiteman 1933 music
- Cole Porter - You're The Top music
- 1933 Harold Arlen - Let's Fall In Love music